Does dealing with flooded floors, mold, and mildew sound like a fun home project? We didn’t think so. To avoid water damage to your home it’s important to repair plumbing issues as soon as possible when they occur. When you need a water heater replaced, clogged drains repaired or other plumbing services performed, call Capital Plumbing Contractors for appointments in Woodville, FL. A family-owned company, we provide flat-rate pricing so there are no surprises later.
When you need expert plumbing repairs, call Capital Plumbing Contractors. Read our testimonials to find out why!
We offer complete plumbing services to the Woodville, FL, area, including:
- 24-Hour Emergency Services
- Commercial Plumbing Services
- Burst Pipe Repairs
- Clogged Toilet Repair Services
- Sump Pump Services
- Water Heater Services
- Tankless Water Heater Services
- Drain Cleaning Services
- Water Leak Detection Services
- Repiping Services
Common Water Heater Problems
From time to time you might encounter issues with your water heater that will require professional repairs. Some common problems you might experience with your unit can include:
- Your unit isn’t producing hot water: The most noticeable issue with your system might be if it stops producing hot water. If you have a gas-powered unit this can be due to an extinguished pilot light. It could also be caused by a severely damaged heating element.
- Your system is leaking: Have any leaks inspected by a plumber to determine if they can be repaired or if the unit should be replaced.
- You hear odd noises: Strange noises coming from your unit can be due to a damaged heating element or a buildup of sediment inside the system.
- You see cracks: Any cracks in the unit should be examined by a professional.
Ways To Prevent Clogged Toilets
When a toilet is clogged in your house it can create a major inconvenience. Unfortunately, it can also lead to a plumbing emergency if it leads to water damage or raw sewage on your floor. You can avoid blockages by using the following tips:
- Never flush disposable diapers or wipes.
- Don’t place big wads of toilet paper into your bowl.
- Don’t flush paper towels.
- Avoid flushing beauty and hygienic products.
- Don’t put hair trimmings or nail clippings in the toilet.
Place a wastebasket in the bathroom to remind your household and others to avoid flushing these items.
We can repair all of your residential and commercial plumbing issues. Contact us to learn more about our services.
How To Avoid Clogged Drains
Clogged drains can leave standing water in your sinks and shower, and can create bad odors in your kitchen sink. Fortunately, there are ways to avoid blockages, including:
- When washing dishes, scrape extra food into the trash and not down the sink.
- If you need to dispose of grease, let it cool and then throw it in the trash instead of down the drain.
- Don’t let your hair cause blockages. Install a screen over the drain in your shower and tub to collect it.
- Avoid flushing anything other than sewage and toilet paper down the toilet.
- Schedule regular professional drain cleanings to remove any smaller blockages before they become larger.