Has it been some time since you have had your septic tank cleaned? If you need septic pumping, it's important to do so as soon as possible to protect your family and prevent system backups. Our expert team at Capital Plumbing Contractors provides expert septic tank pumping services in and around Tallahassee, FL. Call us to discuss your needs!
When you have an issue with your sewer line, act quickly, and call us to learn about our sewer line services in Tallahassee.
What Causes Septic Tank Issues
Encountering an issue with your septic tank is not something you likely want to deal with. When your unit malfunctions, it can put your family and your house at risk. Some potential issues that can cause problems with your unit include:
- Sludge buildup in the unit.
- Not emptying out a tank, which can cause the system to backup.
- Deterioration caused by aging.
- Lines that are blocked in the drain-field.
- Wear and tear on drain-fields.
How Often Do You Need Septic Tank Pumping?
It’s important to perform regular maintenance on your septic tank to keep it working properly. Experts recommend having services performed by a professional at the following times:
- At least once a year. Your unit may need to be serviced more often depending on how many people live in the household, how much water is used, and if you have a jacuzzi or hot tub. It can also vary depending on the ages of people living in your house. Teenagers and younger people may use more water than other age groups.
- When the tank is one-third full.
How clean is the water your family is drinking? Find out when you contact us about our water filtration system services.
How To Prevent Septic Tank Issues
Having your septic tank malfunction is likely not high on your wish list. These issues can cause damage to your Tallahassee property and put your family’s health at risk. Fortunately, there are ways to prevent these problems with your system:
- Don’t pour grease down the sink or toilet. This can cause clogs in the drain-field.
- When planning your property, position landscaping, roof gutters and foundation drains so water flows away from the drain-field.
- Keep the drain-field from becoming water-logged.
- Clear the area around the tank of tree roots and concrete structures like driveways or patios.
- Don’t flush solid materials like coffee grounds or banana peels down the toilet.
- Schedule regular service appointments with a professional.
- Avoid using household cleaning products like bleach and drain cleaners.