Leaks in your home’s foundation can quickly and quietly cause damage to your property. Because they can go undetected - and because of their location - these leaks can wreck your pipes and lawn, and can cause mold and mildew to form. To limit the damage, it’s important to detect and repair a slab leak as soon as possible. For services in Tallahassee, FL, call Capital Plumbing Contractors. We offer upfront pricing!
If you suspect you have a leak, schedule professional services quickly. Contact us for water leak detection services in Tallahassee.
What Is a Slab Leak?
Slab leaks can quickly and quietly cause water damage to your Tallahassee home. These leaks happen below the foundation of your home and can go unnoticed for a long period of time. The longer they go undetected and unrepaired, the more damage they can cause.
These leaks can cause water damage to your home, flood your lawn, and create problems with your plumbing system. They can also lead to the formation of mold and mildew, which can jeopardize your family’s health.
It’s important to have a suspected leak inspected by a professional at the first signs of a problem to limit the damage.
Signs You Have a Slab Leak
The best way to prevent major water damage to your home from a slab leak is to detect the issue as soon as possible. Some symptoms to watch for can include:
- Your monthly water bills increase without a change in your usage.
- You hear the sound of running water in your home when you don’t have any faucets turned on.
- You feel cold or hot spots on your foundation.
- You see cracks in the base of the walls or the foundation or notice other visible signs of damage.
Act fast when your main water line needs repairs. Contact us to schedule water line services.
How Professionals Repair Slab Leaks
It’s important to schedule professional services at the first signs of a slab leak. When a technician arrives to detect and repair the leak with the latest technology, you can expect him or her to perform the following tasks:
- Inspect the leak and find its exact location by using advanced home foundation leak detection methods.
- Open the slab and repair the leak at the exact spot of the issue.
- Determine if the plumbing needs to be replaced or rerouted. This is especially important if you have older pipes.
- Apply an epoxy pipe covering to repair any small cracks in the system. This is placed inside the pipes and can help you avoid a costly reconstruction.