There are some home repair issues where it is important to follow your instincts and schedule professional services as soon as possible. A water leak is one of them. The longer a leak goes undetected and unrepaired, the more damage it can cause to your home. If you suspect there is a water leak somewhere at your home -- even if you’re not sure where -- call Capital Plumbing Contractors to schedule water leak detection services in Tallahassee, FL. A family-owned business since 1986, we provide flat-rate pricing!
Any problems with your main water line should be repaired as soon as possible. Contact us for water line services in Tallahassee.
Risks Associated With Leaking Pipes
The longer leaky pipes go undetected or unrepaired, the more potential damage they can cause to your Tallahassee house. Some risks associated with these leaks can include:
- Flooding of your home and lawn.
- Severe property damage to both the inside and outside of your house.
- Health risks caused by mold, mildew, bacteria, or a broken sewer line.
- Damage to your pipes.
- Electrical shortages that pose risks to your entire household.
- Increase in water bills.
Water Line Leak Detection Techniques Professionals Use
Plumbers have advanced ways of detecting leaks in your house or property. Using their expertise, they might use any of the following techniques to determine if you have a leak and where it is located:
- Dig and drill: In this technique, experts dig into certain parts of your yard or even drill into your walls or your floor to find the source of the leak. Fortunately, this is usually only used as a last resort.
- Meter detection: Plumbers have a digital apparatus they can use to search for leaks. In this process, a water meter is added to one end of the external point to assess the water pressure to detect if there is a leak present.
- Video camera inspection: Most professionals prefer to use infrared technology to detect leaks. This can involve using a camera that’s designed to take pictures and videos of a pipe at various angles to view any cracks or leaks. This allows them to get an accurate view of the leak, and it avoids having to dig up your yard.
If you suspect you have a gas leak at your property, act fast, and seek professional help. Contact us for gas leak detection services.
How To Avoid Water Line Leaks
Leaks in your water line can potentially cause major damage to your house or property. Fortunately, there are ways you can try to prevent these from occurring, including:
- Have your pipes inspected regularly by a professional to look for issues.
- Replace deteriorating or damaged pipes in a timely manner.
- Insulate your pipes during the winter months to avoid freezing.
- Schedule regular drain cleanings.
- Don’t put harmful materials down your drains.
- Know where your pipes run underneath the ground so you can avoid those areas when doing construction projects.
- Plant trees away from pipelines.