Are you showering in cold water due to a malfunctioning water heater? Is there a foul odor coming from your clogged kitchen sink? When a plumbing issue occurs at your house or building, don’t just ignore the problem - act quickly and schedule services to avoid water damage and other problems. For appointments in the Tallahassee, FL area and Leon, Jefferson, Gadsden, Franklin, and Wakulla Counties, call Capital Plumbing Contractors. A family-owned company, we offer 24-hour emergency services and provide upfront pricing!
We are only one call away from saving the day! Read our testimonials to see what our clients think of our work.
Proudly Serving Tallahassee and the Surrounding Areas
We provide complete plumbing services to the following areas:
- Saint Marks
- Alligator Point
How To Avoid a Burst Pipe at Your Home
A burst pipe can cause extensive water damage to your Tallahassee home that can leave behind costly repairs. Fortunately, there are ways to try to prevent pipes from bursting. Some tips you should follow include:
- Ensure your pipes are properly insulated. If they’re not, apply a heat wrap to them during cold weather to keep them from freezing.
- Run water at a trickle in your sinks during extremely cold nights to promote a constant flow in the piping system.
- Call a professional if you notice reduced water pressure.
- Look for signs of leaks inside your property.
- Have your pipes inspected regularly by a professional. This will help identify any potential issues before they become big problems.
- Replace your aging pipes.
Common Water Heater Issues
You rely on your water heater for more than you might realize - including bathing, washing dishes, doing laundry, cooking, and more. So when it malfunctions, it’s important to have it repaired as soon as possible. Some common problems your unit might experience can include:
- Lack of hot water: Maybe the most common issue with your unit is an absence of hot water. For gas-powered systems, this can be due to an extinguished pilot light. It could also be caused by a severely damaged heating element.
- Leaking: Have any leaks inspected by a plumber to determine if they can be repaired or if the unit will need to be replaced.
- Excess noise: Loud or strange noises can signal a damaged heating element or a buildup of sediment inside the unit that must be professionally removed.
- Cracks: Cracks in the unit should be inspected by a professional to determine if they can be repaired.
In business since 1986, we offer complete - and accurate -- plumbing repairs to the Tallahassee area. Contact us to learn more about our services.
Ways To Avoid Clogged Drains
Clogged drains can potentially cause water damage and other issues at your house. Fortunately, you can prevent these by using the following tips:
- Keep food scraps out of kitchen drains. Scrape food into the trash before doing dishes—even if you have a garbage disposal.
- Never put liquid grease down the drain. Instead, pour it into a sealable container and throw it in the garbage after it cools.
- Install screens over drains in showers and tubs to prevent hair from going down the drain.
- Only flush sewage and toilet paper down the toilet.
- Schedule regular professional drain cleanings to remove small blockages before they get bigger.