Are you tired of waiting for your hot water tank to heat up before you can enjoy a relaxing hot shower? Are your utility bills increasing over an aging water heater? You could benefit from a tankless water heater. These systems provide on-demand hot water and are more energy-efficient than traditional units. If you need a tankless unit installed or repaired, call Capital Plumbing Contractors for services in Tallahassee, FL. A locally owned company, we provide flat-rate pricing to our clients!
Do you prefer the traditional hot water heater? Contact us for water heater services.
Advantages of Tankless Water Heaters
On-demand water heaters can provide many benefits to your Tallahassee household. Some of the advantages a unit can offer include:
- It saves you money by using less energy and only heating the exact amount of water that’s needed.
- It requires less maintenance than traditional units.
- It poses less risk of contaminated water as it isn’t stored in a tank.
- It takes up less space than traditional models as a tank doesn’t need to be installed.
Life Expectancy of Tankless Units
Like traditional water heaters, there is no guarantee how long a tankless water heater will last. However, these systems are estimated to last between 10 to 20 years. The actual life expectancy of a unit will depend on how well the system is maintained, how often it is used, and the quality of the water in your house.
When your main water line needs repairs, act quickly to avoid costly damage to your house. Call us for water line services.
Issues You Might Encounter With On-Demand Water Heaters
While tankless water heaters provide a lot of benefits to your house, there are also some issues you should be aware of so you can be fully informed before installing a system. Some common problems you might experience can include:
- Installation issues: During installation, extensive piping, proper venting, and electrical expertise are required. If a unit isn’t installed correctly it can result in damage to the unit or the piping system. This is why it’s important to only have an experienced professional install the system.
- Buildup: Corrosion and mineral buildup may occur if the unit is not flushed every six months. Scheduling regular tune-ups with a plumber can eliminate this.
- Overload: Product overload can occur if the right-sized unit was not purchased for the home.