Is water gushing into your home due to a burst pipe? Is water seeping into your home from a clogged drain? When you have a plumbing emergency at your home it’s important to act quickly, as every minute counts in order to reduce the amount of damage. For 24-hour emergency plumbing services in Tallahassee, FL, call Capital Plumbing Contractors. We are locally owned and family operated!
Do you have a burst pipe at your property? Call us for burst pipe repair services.
Why a Burst Pipe Is a Plumbing Emergency
A burst pipe can cause a major plumbing emergency at your house. When it first occurs you might think you’re in the clear if only a small amount of water trickles out. However, don’t be fooled -- it can get much worse, very quickly. As the hole expands, hundreds of gallons of water can fill your home. This can cause water to seep into the walls, insulation, and electrical wiring. Eventually, mold and mildew may grow, resulting in poor indoor air quality and other health risks for your family. To avoid these issues, call a plumber immediately when a pipe bursts at your home.
Common Water Heater Problems
You rely heavily on your water heater to provide hot water for your household. Without it, you can be stuck taking cold showers. That’s why it’s important to identify potential problems with your unit quickly so you can schedule repairs. Some common problems you might encounter with your system include:
- Lack of hot water: Perhaps the most obvious - and common - issue with your unit is a lack of hot water. For gas-powered water heaters, this could be due to an extinguished pilot light which can simply be relit. It could also signal a severely damaged heating element that needs to be replaced.
- Leaking: If your unit is leaking, consult a plumber to determine if the unit can be repaired or if it should be replaced.
- Excess noise: If you hear loud noises coming from the unit it could signal a damaged heating element or a buildup of sediment inside the unit that needs to be removed by a professional.
- Cracks: If you notice cracks in your unit, have a plumber inspect them to determine if they can be repaired or if your system should be replaced.
Reduce your risk of a plumbing emergency by using our drain cleaning services. Contact us to schedule an appointment.
How To Avoid Emergencies With Drain Cleaning Services
Plumbing emergencies can be inconvenient and costly if there is excessive damage to your home. One way to avoid these is to schedule regular drain cleaning services with a professional. These services can provide the following benefits:
- Clear stubborn clogs.
- Eliminate slow drains.
- Provide the opportunity to identify other plumbing issues that may be affecting your water use and drainage, from improperly graded or ventilated drains to leaky pipes.
- Reduce odors.