Clogged drains can cause major inconveniences for your entire household. Between stinky kitchen drains to slow-draining showers, clogged drains can be a nuisance. They can also lead to water damage if they are not repaired in a timely manner. To avoid this, schedule professional drain cleaning services. Call Capital Plumbing Contractors for drain and sewer repairs in Tallahassee, FL. A locally-owned and family-operated company, we offer flat-rate pricing!
When you have a stubborn clog that typical methods cannot remove, contact us to learn about our hydro jetting services in Tallahassee.
Signs You Need Professional Drain Cleaning Services
There are some obvious signs that can indicate you need professional drain cleaning services, such as if you are showering in ankle-high water, or if there is standing water in your sink. There are also more subtle symptoms, such as:
- Slow drains: Slow drains can signal the early stages of a clog, pipes that are narrowed due to mineral or grease buildup, or improper grading of your drainage system.
- Recurring clogs: If you have to frequently clean your drains, it can signal you need professional services to completely remove the blockage.
- Multiple drains clogged at once: Having multiple drains clogged at one time can indicate there’s a blockage deep within your main line.
- Foul odor: Odors coming from your drains can indicate food trapped inside the drain or a major issue with the sewer line.
- Flooding: Flooding in your basement or near a floor drain can signal a clog. It could mean eventually the drain will stop working completely, resulting in contaminated water all over the floor.
Benefits of Regular Drain Cleaning Services
Scheduling regular drain cleaning services with a plumber can have numerous benefits for your household. These services can do the following:
- Clear stubborn clogs that you are not able to remove yourself.
- Remove the blockage to eliminate slow drains.
- Lower the risk of plumbing emergencies by having a plumber inspect your pipes regularly.
- Reduce odors by removing the clogs.
- Catch other plumbing issues that might be impacting your drains.
Are your aging pipes showing signs of wear and tear? Call us to schedule repiping services.
How To Prevent Clogged Pipes
Clogged pipes can cause major inconveniences for your household. Fortunately, there are ways to avoid these blockages by following these tips:
- Don’t put food scraps down the drain. Even if you have a garbage disposal, first scrape food into the trash.
- Never put grease down the drain. First, pour it into a container to cool, and then throw it in the trash.
- Install a screen over the bathroom drains to collect hair before it goes down the drain.
- Only flush sewage and toilet paper down the toilet.
- Schedule regular professional drain cleanings.