Does your piping system need several, or frequent repairs? Are you starting to notice signs of corrosion on the pipes? These can signal you need whole-house repiping services. Call Capital Plumbing Contractors for repiping services in Tallahassee, FL. Our experts will perform the job quickly and accurately, and we offer flat-rate pricing!
Is your kitchen faucet covered in limescale? It can be time to replace it. Contact us for kitchen plumbing services in Tallahassee.
Signs You Need Repiping Services
It can be easy to tell when you need to replace certain appliances in your home - like your refrigerator or dishwasher - since you can walk by and see them every day. It can be more difficult to determine when you need to replace your home’s entire piping system. You can’t see it, and some signs can be difficult to detect. Some symptoms you can watch for include:
- Your system needs frequent repairs, or you’re experiencing continuous issues with it.
- The water in your home is an unusual color or taste.
- Your water pressure is decreasing.
- Your system is aging and is starting to show signs of wear and tear.
- You notice leaks coming from the system.
- There is corrosion in the existing system due to limescale.
- There is damage to the pipes due to extremely cold weather.
Benefits of Copper Pipes
When repiping your home, there are several types of pipes you can choose from. One option is copper pipes. These pipes -- which are typically used for water supply lines and refrigerant lines in heating and cooling systems -- offer several advantages, including:
- They can be used for hot and cold freshwater lines.
- They can be used for drain-waste-vent lines.
- They are allowed by most plumbing codes in the country.
- They resist corrosion.
- They have a long life expectancy.
- They hold up better than other types of pipes in cold weather.
- They can be installed without the use of hazardous chemicals.
- They’re lightweight and recyclable.
Do you suspect there’s an issue with your piping system? Contact us to schedule sewer video inspection services.
Why Galvanized Steel Pipes Need To Be Replaced
Does your older home have galvanized steel pipes? Experts recommend replacing these with pipes of another material. Some reasons you should replace these include:
- These pipes can rust and corrode quickly, which could lead to a potential burst.
- They can clog easily, leading to decreased water pressure.
- These pipes were typically installed in older homes and buildings. With time they will show signs of aging and wear and tear.