Is your hot water heater leaking, or are you starting to see corrosion and rust on the tank? This can signal your system needs to be serviced by a professional. Before your unit starts to malfunction - leaving your family to endure cold baths and showers - call Capital Plumbing Contractors for repairs and replacements in Tallahassee, FL. A family-owned company, we provide flat-rate pricing for every job!
Are you ready to try a more energy-efficient water heater? Call us to learn about our tankless water heater services.
When To Replace Your Water Heater
A malfunctioning water heater can leave your family washing dishes, doing laundry and showering in cold water. To avoid this, it’s important to replace your unit before it completely breaks down. Some signs that can indicate you need to install a new system can include:
- Age: Your unit is getting older and nearing the end of its estimated 10 to 20-year lifespan.
- Losing efficiency: Your system needs to work harder to function, which can result in higher utility bills.
- Rust and corrosion: You notice rust or corrosion on the unit, or rust in the water.
- Leaking: Your unit is leaking.
- Water is not warm enough: The system is no longer able to properly heat the water.
- Cracks: There are cracks in the tank or in the system.
Lifespan of a Water Heater
Like all appliances in your home, it can be difficult to predict exactly how long a water heater will last. Experts estimate that while every make and model is different, most electric systems will last between 10 to 20 years. This estimate can be impacted by the amount of care and maintenance the system receives, and the quality of the water in your house. Gas-powered units can have shorter lifespans than electric systems.
Do you suspect there’s a water leak in your house or on your property, but you’re not sure where? Contact us to learn about our water leak detection services.
Why Regular Water Heater Maintenance Is Important
It’s recommended that you have your water heater serviced at least once a year by a professional. These preventative maintenance services can keep your unit running as expected and can help prevent larger, more costly repairs later - much like performing regular preventative maintenance on your vehicle.
At Capital Plumbing Contractors, our experts can perform the following services on your unit:
- Conventional and tankless installation
- Tankless descaling
- Valve replacement
- Flush the tanks
- Repair leaks and drips
- Add and replace unit installation
- Replace anode rods
- Thermostat adjustment, repair and replacements
- Emergency service and repairs
- Drain pan installation