Are you showering in cold water? Is putting a bucket under your bathroom sink your solution to repairing a leak? Get professional help quickly to restore comfort to your house and to avoid potential water damage. Call Capital Plumbing Contractors for 24-hour emergency services in Sopchoppy, FL. In business since 1986, we provide flat-rate pricing.
Read our testimonials to see why our customers call us when they need plumbing repairs.
We offer complete plumbing services to the Sopchoppy, FL, area, including:
- Water Heater Services
- Tankless Water Heater Services
- Drain Cleaning Services
- Clogged Toilet Repair Services
- Burst Pipe Repairs
- Sump Pump Services
- Water Leak Detection Services
- Repiping Services
- 24-Hour Emergency Services
- Commercial Plumbing Services
What To Expect During a Water Heater Tune-Up
To avoid unexpectedly losing hot water, it’s important to keep your water heater properly maintained. One way to do this is to schedule an annual tune-up with a professional. During these services you can expect the plumber to perform the following tasks:
- Drain the basin and remove any buildup of sediment. If not done regularly, this can create a myriad of issues.
- Check the inside and outside of the unit for hairline cracks or signs of aging. It’s important to catch these issues early so they don’t become larger problems later.
- Look for any cracks in the hoses.
- Inspect and change the filters, if needed.
- Make sure the unit is operating at maximum efficiency.
Signs You Need a New Toilet Installed
To avoid a potential plumbing emergency, it’s important to have a properly functioning toilet. Some signs that can indicate you need a new unit installed can include:
- Age: If your unit is aging and it requires several replacement parts to get back into working condition. It can be more cost-effective to replace the unit than buy new parts.
- Cracks: Any cracks in a porcelain toilet bowl can expand and lead to serious water damage.
- Constant clogs: If you have an older unit it could be prone to clogs. This is due to older models not having enough force to avoid clogging.
- Wear and tear: Older systems can show wear and tear such as scratches and dirt stains. Over time, these can be difficult to remove and it can make more sense to install a new unit.
- High utility bills: If your utility bills start to increase it can be due to older models using more water than newer units.
We provide routine plumbing repairs and 24-hour emergency services. Contact us to learn about our offerings.
Signs You Need Professional Drain Cleaning Services
To avoid having your drains clog - which can lead to water damage - it’s important to have your drains professionally cleaned by a plumber. Some signs that can indicate you need professional services can include:
- Slow drains: Slow drains can signal several problems, including the early stages of a clog, pipes that have been narrowed due to mineral or grease buildup, or even improper grading of your drainage system.
- Recurring clogs: If you just cleaned out your drains and they are clogged again it can mean it’s time for a professional to remove the blockage completely.
- Multiple drains that are clogged at one time: If several drains are clogged at the same time it can indicate a severe blockage deep within your main line.
- Foul odor: A bad odor coming from your unit can signal food that’s trapped inside your drain, or a major issue with your sewer line.
- Flooding: One of the worst problems associated with clogged drains is a sewage backup. If you notice evidence of flooding in your basement and/or near a floor drain, this could indicate a clog and it may be just a matter of time before the drain stops working completely. If this happens, you could end up with contaminated water all over your floor.