Do you consider water softeners as a “nice-to-have” appliance, but not a system your house really needs? Think again. If you have hard water, it can be slowly wrecking all of your plumbing fixtures, faucets, pipes, and appliances. In addition to unsightly hard water stains, it can also lower the life expectancy of your systems. To treat your hard water, call Capital Plumbing Contractors for water softener repairs and installations in Tallahassee, FL. A family-owned company, we provide flat-rate pricing!
Does your outdated faucet need to be replaced? Contact us to learn about our kitchen plumbing services in Tallahassee.
What Are the Benefits of Water Softeners?
If you have hard water, a water softener can greatly benefit the quality of your water - which can protect your appliances and plumbing system. Some of the advantages these units provide can include:
- Cleaner and shinier silverware and glassware.
- Softer and cleaner feeling hair and skin.
- Less housework by eliminating the need to remove soap scum from the shower or tub.
- Softer fabrics, as they no longer have hard minerals trapped inside of them. Your fabrics will also last longer, and stay brighter.
- Longer lasting water-using appliances, such as coffee and ice makers, dishwashers, washing machines, and water heaters.
Water Softener Maintenance Tips
To protect your appliances from hard water, it’s important to keep your water softener properly maintained. Some tips to follow to keep your unit working as expected can include:
- Add rock salt to the unit on a regular basis to prevent it from getting too low.
- Clean the system at least once a year.
- Have your unit inspected by a certified plumbing technician regularly.
Are you replacing your bathtub or shower during a bathroom remodel? Contact us to schedule an appointment with our experts.
Signs You Have Hard Water
If you haven’t had your water tested in your Tallahassee home, you might not be aware if you have hard water. Some signs you can watch for that can indicate you have an issue can include:
- Spots on glasses: If you have spots on your glassware after washing them.
- Low water pressure: If you notice your shower head and faucets have low water pressure, it can signal there is a buildup of minerals that is clogging the fixtures.
- Faded clothing: If your clothes are starting to fade or if they are wearing out sooner than expected.
- Irritation: If your skin feels dry and your hair brittle.