Does dealing with a flooded basement, or moldy walls sound like fun? We didn’t think so. That’s why when your main water line needs repairs it’s important to act quickly and schedule professional services. For repairs and replacements in Tallahassee, FL, call Capital Plumbing Contractors. We don’t charge overtime rates for appointments on Saturday and Sunday during normal business hours.
Is your shower starting to drain slowly? It could be time to schedule professional services. Contact us for drain cleaning services in Tallahassee!
Common Issues With Your Main Water Line
Any issue with your main water line should be prioritized and repaired quickly to avoid potentially extensive damage to your house or property. Some common issues you might encounter with your line can include:
- Holes or cracks: These can be caused by corrosion from soil or frost.
- Pressure: Too much pressure in your line can cause it to break, resulting in water flooding your home and yard.
- Leaky water valve: These are common problems that can be repaired by a professional. While you might be able to find a YouTube video explaining how to make the repair yourself, this should only be fixed by an experienced plumber.
How To Detect a Leak in Your Water Line
The best way to prevent damage to your house from a water line issue is to find the problem quickly and schedule repairs as soon as possible. Some signs to watch for that can indicate you need repairs can include:
- You see mold or mildew growing on the walls or floor.
- You see wet spots on the floors or walls.
- Your grass is lusher than usual, indicating it’s receiving extra water or fertilizer.
- Your water meter is running even when all of your water fixtures are turned off.
Do you have a stubborn clog that regular methods can’t remove? Call us to learn about our hydro jetting services
Water Line Repair Tips
When you need repairs to your main water line, it’s important to follow the correct steps to limit the amount of damage. Some actions you should take can include:
- Call a professional: Call an expert to examine your line at the first signs of an issue.
- Understand that you might need a replacement: Your plumber can help you determine if your system can be repaired or if it needs to be replaced. A replacement might be recommended under certain circumstances - like if the system is aging.
- Call 8-11: To ensure everyone’s safety, call 8-1-1 before any work is done on your line to ensure there are no electrical or gas lines near the pipes.