You work hard to keep your family safe and healthy, so it’s important to ensure the water they are drinking is clean and filtered. Installing a water filtration system can properly filter your water to make sure the water coming out of your faucets is safe for consumption. For installations and repairs in Tallahassee, FL, call Capital Plumbing Contractors. In business since 1986, our experts provide flat-rate pricing so there are no surprises on your bill later!
Is hard water forcing you to replace your appliances much sooner than expected? Call us to learn about our water softener services in Tallahassee.
Types of Water Filtration Systems
Deciding to install a water filtration system in your home is just the first step in getting cleaner water. The next task is to determine which type of system is right for your home. Some common types of filters include:
- Charcoal filters: One of the most commonly used filters, these are one of the most cost-effective models.
- Sediment filters: These are best for filtering well water.
- Water distillers: These use energy to remove Cryptosporidium and minerals.
- Reverse osmosis: These remove Cryptosporidium and minerals to create bottle-quality water.
- Alkaline water ionizers: These filters add a millivolt charge to water and minerals, and shift the pH level.
- Ultraviolet water filters: These are good for destroying germs. The downside to this model is the bulbs need to be replaced frequently.
- Magnetic water filters: These reshape water minerals with magnets.
- Infrared water filters: These filters passively reshape the water structure.
- Catalytic systems: These use resin bead coatings to target specific toxins in the water.
Required Maintenance on Filtration Systems
To keep your family safe and your water clean, it’s important to perform regular maintenance on your whole-house water filtration system. Some tasks you should perform on various units can include:
- Replace carbon filters periodically as they can become dirty quickly.
- Clean and replace the membrane in a reverse osmosis system. The pump may also require services from time to time.
- Clean the components in a water distillation filter.
- Replace the bulbs in an ultraviolet water filter.
Does your building need plumbing repairs? Contact us to learn about our commercial plumbing services.
Common Problems With Water Purification Systems
Unfortunately, water filtration systems are not immune from common problems. Occasionally, like all units in your house, they will require repairs. Some problems you might encounter with these systems can include:
- Carbon filtration systems may malfunction if the filters are not changed regularly.
- The pump in a reverse osmosis system can suffer issues that can affect your water pressure. Have a professional inspect the pump and determine if it can be repaired.
- Water distillation systems might not encounter as many problems as other filtration systems, but they can take longer to perform the job.