The longer a plumbing issue goes unrepaired, the more at-risk your house is for water damage. This can wreck your flooring and walls and can lead to potential health problems if mold or mildew form. To avoid these issues, schedule plumbing services with a professional as soon as possible. Call Capital Plumbing Contractors for services in Quincy, FL. In business since 1986, we provide flat-rate pricing.
Curious why your Quincy neighbors call us for all of their plumbing repairs? Read our testimonials to find out!
We offer complete plumbing services to the Quincy, FL, area, including:
- 24-Hour Emergency Services
- Commercial Plumbing Services
- Burst Pipe Repairs
- Water Leak Detection Services
- Drain Cleaning Services
- Repiping Services
- Clogged Toilet Repair Services
- Sump Pump Services
- Water Heater Services
- Tankless Water Heater Services
Common Water Heater Issues You Might Encounter
Like most of the appliances or systems in your home, occasionally your water heater may require professional repairs. Some common issues you might encounter can include:
- Absence of hot water: The most obvious - and inconvenient -- issue with your unit can be the lack of hot water. If your unit is only producing cold water, it could be due to an extinguished pilot light in gas-powered systems, or a damaged heating element.
- Leaks: Any leaks should be inspected by a professional to determine if it can be repaired or if the unit should be replaced.
- Odd noises: Unusual sounds could signal a damaged heating element or a buildup of sediment in your unit.
- Cracks: An expert should inspect any cracks in your system to determine if the unit needs to be replaced.
Why Is a Burst Pipe an Emergency?
A burst pipe is considered a major plumbing emergency. When this happens, while at first only a small amount of moisture might escape from the hole, eventually the opening can expand, and soon hundreds of gallons of water can enter your home. This can result in water damage to your flooring, walls, insulation, and electrical system. It can also lead to the growth of mold and mildew. To limit the damage, it’s important to schedule professional plumbing services as soon as possible.
Want to learn more about our plumbing services? Contact us to speak with our experts.
How To Avoid Clogged Drains
Clogged drains can cause your shower or sinks to backup, creating inconveniences for your household. To avoid this, it’s important to prevent blockages from occurring. Some precautions you can take include:
- Don’t put food scraps down the drain. Instead, scrape any excess food into the trash.
- Don’t pour liquid grease down the drain. Instead, put it in a sealable container and throw it away after it cools.
- Prevent hair from entering your drains by installing screens over them.
- Only flush sewage and toilet paper down the toilet.
- Schedule regular professional drain cleanings to remove smaller blockages before they become larger.