When you need a malfunctioning water heater repaired or a clogged drain cleaned, you need professional help. Taking care of these issues -- and other plumbing problems -- quickly can restore comfort and convenience to your home. Call Capital Plumbing Contractors to schedule an appointment with our experts in Monticello, FL. A locally-owned and family-operated company, we are only one call away from saving the day!
We offer quality services to our customers. But don’t take our word for it - read our testimonials!
We offer complete plumbing services to the Monticello, FL, area, including:
- 24-Hour Emergency Services
- Commercial Plumbing Services
- Burst Pipe Repairs
- Drain Cleaning Services
- Clogged Toilet Repair Services
- Water Leak Detection Services
- Repiping Services
- Sump Pump Services
- Water Heater Services
- Tankless Water Heater Services
How Long Do Water Heaters Typically Last?
When you purchase a new appliance for your house, there is no guarantee how long the unit will last. While water heaters do not come with a guaranteed life expectancy, they do last a long time. It is estimated that electric systems last between 10 and 20 years. Gas-powered units might not last as long. Of course, there are factors that can impact this timeline, including the unit’s make and model, the quality of the water in your home, how often it is used, and how well it is maintained.
Common Issues With Sump Pumps
Sump pumps are necessary to prevent floodwaters from entering your house during heavy storms. When these units malfunction, it can put your property at risk for water damage. Some common problems you might experience with your system can include:
- Power failures: If you lose power during extreme storms, your system will not work - leaving you vulnerable to flooding. To prevent this, you should have a battery backup system in place.
- Float valve issues: Make sure your float valve is free from any obstructions in order to avoid more serious problems.
- Underpowered pumps: If your unit is not the right size for your property it might not work correctly. Have a new system installed to correct this.
- Frozen or clogged discharge pipe: Ensure your discharge pipes are clean and in proper working order to help prevent larger issues.
- Worn out pump motors: If the motor in your system wears out, consult an expert to determine if your unit should be replaced.
We offer complete plumbing services to the Monticello, FL area. Contact us to schedule an appointment with our experts!
Signs You Need Professional Drain Cleaning Services
Clogged drains can leave you showering in ankle-high water and can prevent your sinks from properly draining. To prevent further inconveniences - and potential water damage - schedule drain cleaning services with a professional when you notice the following signs:
- Slow drains: If your drains are slower than usual, it can indicate the early stages of a clog, pipes that have been narrowed due to mineral or grease buildup, or even improper grading of your drainage system.
- Recurring clogs: If you cleaned your drains recently and they are clogged again, it can signal you’re not removing the entire blockage and it’s time to hire a plumber to clean your drains.
- Multiple drains that are clogged at one time: If there are several drains that are clogged at the same time, it can indicate there is a severe blockage deep within your main line.
- Foul odor: If you smell a foul odor coming from your drains it can be due to two potential problems. It could be food that is trapped inside your drain or a major issue with your sewer line.
- Flooding: If you notice evidence of flooding in your basement or near a floor drain, it could indicate a clog and it may be just a matter of time before the drain stops working completely and you end up with contaminated water all over your floor.